Saturday, December 29, 2007

2007 ANNUAL UPDATE

We have not mailed a family letter or picture this year. I've been waiting to see if I could come up with a decent recent family picture. I've also been meaning to abbreviate our family's 2007 annual update. Since I have yet to get around to either, the long version is inlcuded below without a picture.

Becky and Jeff Haymore Family 2007


We welcomed Hannah Ashley to our family in March. Life was a bit easier with one child in the family, but sanity is simply overrated. Hannah doubled the fun, love, smiles and hugs. When asked how many children we want to have, Jeff sarcastically responds, “at least two.”

Hannah’s birth was almost immediately followed by a quick trip to Utah for a wedding. The last sister-in-law/aunt joined our family on Easter weekend. Luckily, we feel confident that we will not have any problems determining “vacation” destinations on our own without any future weddings to attend.

Jeff continues to work at the City of Atlanta and enjoys practicing zoning and land-use law. He likes watching and going to Atlanta Braves games. Jeff­ is hoping for a few good trades before the next Opening Day.

Becky loves being home with Spencer and Hannah every day. She works at home on occasional projects from her former team. With this year being Georgia’s worst recorded drought, Becky plans to fully utilize this excuse to cut back on laundry and dishes for as long as possible.

One cannot describe Spencer without mentioning his obsession for trucks and the color green. He often has to correct Mom on the names of construction trucks. Not only does Spencer wear green almost every day, but he also wants to drive a green dump truck when he grows up. Bob the Builder calls on occasion to say hello.

Hannah is our healthy, energetic daddy’s girl. She likes to be heard and loves attention. While she crawls, Hannah prefers to be held. Mom hopes that she will someday learn to take regular naps before she outgrows them.


As our family grows, so does our understanding of what it means to love. What a tremendous blessing and gift. We are grateful for the love our Savior shows to us every day.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Good to see you updating! I like checking in. Thanks for making the long trek down here last weekend. It meant a whole lot. We love visiting. In fact, I just might bring the kids up next week, but I promise to call first. :)

Welcome to your 30s. The best thing about them - you will probably say goodbye to your diaper changing days while in your 30s. It's something to look forward to! I know I'm looking forward to it, but I've changed a diaper EVERY SINGLE DAY for over 10 1/2 years. Sounds depressing when you put it that way, and it really wasn't that bad. But it is a great thing to thing that in just about a year I will be done with diapers!!

But I digress. Your blog is great!!

Gabbitas Family said...

You finally got a blog! So cute! I'm adding your link to mine if that's ok. Check ours out: gabbygroup.blogspot.com.

steph