Wednesday, January 23, 2008

ROAD TRIP

I decided to name this post "Road Trip," instead of MLK Holiday or Family Vacation.
  1. Our family drove to Chapel Hill, NC and took the LONG way home through Chattanooga, TN. I think we spent more time on the road than any amount of time stopped in one location.

  2. Road trips remind me of college. We stayed in UNC student housing, and saw Duke University. Not to mention, we travelled on a low-cost student budget.

  3. The words holiday or vacation suggest that we might have actually been able to rest. Between Hannah's teething and Spencer's "I want my big boy bed," all four of us would eventually end up in one bed for an average of five hours a night. (I'm no English expert, but isn't family vacation an oxymoron?)

For the MLK holiday weekend, our family drove to Chapel Hill to visit Jeff's cousin, Jason Pollei and his family. Great hosts. Adorable girls. The kids had fun playing together, and we appreciate Jason and Heather's kindness to let Jeff win his first game of Settlers. On our way out of town, we decided to drive to Duke University. NO, we're not thinking of going back to school! We were simply curious and wanted to stop while in the area.
Spencer couldn't stop talking about taking a train ride. Since it's Winter, few trains were leaving stations this time of year. Instead of waiting until Spring, we hit one of the tourist attractions in Chattanooga, TN - the Incline Railroad. We actually passed it off as our train ride! Our stay in Chattanooga was too short. We love visiting.

1 comment:

Marci Hernandez said...

Looks like a fun trip! I agree that trips with kids can no longer be called "vacations." We leave on March 12 for Disneyworld. Are you driving to Florida in March? I would love to see you! Oh I mostly just get emails from Flylady...and then don't read them.