Sunday, February 7, 2010

SHAME ON ME

SHAME ON ME for ever wondering what stay-at-home moms did all day! Maybe it's just me - all of the other moms make motherhood look so easy. I never anticipated that being a mom would require so much hard work! But I also never thought I'd ever have to put in any more all-nighters after I graduated from college. Silly me.

I'm behind on my blog. Not sure I have the energy or brain power to think back that far and attempt some sort of catch up. I've started working from home at night and early in the mornings. Once again, silly me. Why do I always have to figure out the hard way that I just can't do it all??

November
The day after Thanksgiving, Jeff became very sick and was in bed for over a week. I was a wreck trying to take care of Jeff and three little kids - not to mention the fact that I was scared and nervous that even the doctors had NO IDEA what was causing his illness. After a week of continuous decline, it wasn't until a family fast that Jeff started making progress... a festivus miracle. Prayer works and families are a tremendous blessing!

December
Christmas was complete with a nativity reinactment, pinata, white elephant gift exchange, Santa and marshmallow guns made out of PVC pipe. (Yes, they shoot out a little slimy. One word for the clean up crew: Y-U-M!) Santa gave the family an overnight trip to "Chaganooga." We enjoyed swimming in a virtually empty hotel on Christmas night. The kids LOVED the fabulous Children's Museum and a short train ride.



January
Hannah has become obsessed with Abba's "Dancing Queen." She MUST wear a tutu while she dances around the house singing, "Friday night and the lights are low," and "only 17!"


Spencer is doing great in preschool and has made remarkable progress with his speech therapy. Most wouldn't guess that he even takes a speech class... mission accomplished.

Allison is our thumb sucker who looks just like her brother.

LOVE MY KIDS!
They are constantly teaching me how to be a better person. I love that huge smile that comes across my face every time I think about them... asleep, in bed. So cute. So quiet.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

A Festivus for the rest of us... I love to read about your family!

Weatherspoon Family said...

Great update. You've been busy!