Tuesday, September 30, 2008

ATLANTA GAS SHORTAGE

These pictures are taken from inside my car while I waited in line to fill up my gas tank this morning. (They aren't the best photos, but I didn't think those behind me would appreciate me getting out of my car, possibly losing my place in line.) Luckily, I only waited a half an hour AND prices just dipped below $4/gallon! OH HAPPY DAY!!


Many of you may know that Atlanta is reaching its third week of a gas shortage. It's INSANE!! Gas stations are constantly running out of gas. IF stations have fuel, lines are backed up in the streets and create traffic problems. For some of the bigger stations, police cars await the arrival of fuel tankers and extra attendants are needed to direct lines. Not to mention, civility and common sense at the pump have gone out the window.

It might be another two weeks before fuel capacities are back to normal after Hurricane Ike's damage to oil refineries. (Feels like Atlanta has been preparing for its own hurricane evacuation for the past few weeks.) Driving the streets at midnight in search of gas and still having to wait in line is NOT FUN!

Mowing the lawn is getting expensive. I could really go for an AZ front yard with rocks and cactus right about now.

1 comment:

Weatherspoon Family said...

So crazy! I can't believe the mess. I've been watching it on CNN thinking of all my friends back in Atlanta. I can just imagine the traffic mess around there. Good luck!!