Hannah loves giving Dad kisses through the banister every morning before he leaves to work.

Dad took Spencer to a Braves game before school started. Spencer loved taking the train, then hopping on a golf cart to get to the buses headed to Turner Stadium. He also enjoyed the playground and running the rooftop bases. Dad insisted that they watch the game for one inning in between every time they left to play.

Here's Spencer's first day of PreK. Spencer started enjoying school a lot more after he made a few friends. Hannah is lost without him at home and cried for weeks when we dropped him off in the mornings. In fact, she's given up her naps, because she can't miss any time with Spencer when he's home!

The kiddos.
Can't forget to mention the flood!!!
At its worst downpour, I just so happened to be out and about picking up Spencer from school. After pulling over because I couldn't see, it felt like it took us another 10 minutes to go one mile. We had so much water flowing through our easement that it looked like we lived next to a river with roaring rapids. The creek across the street overflowed, and the force of the water moved our neighborhood bridge downstream. Our driveway needed repair before the flood, but now the damage is much worse. Jeff's parent's soccer field was flooded to the point where the water was only 2 ft from the top of the goal posts!
Many parts of our county, including schools, were completely submerged under water. School was closed for two days due to blocked roads from fallen trees and flooded creeks. We are grateful for the sunshine! Now we're just trying to be thankful for the humidity too:-)
3 comments:
WOW! I can't believe what the rain has done to your area. I'm glad you have sunshine now. I hope Hannah has recovered from Spencer going to school. We miss you guys. Have a fabulous day!
Hi Becky -
Your kids are so cute! You can definately see the Blake in them. I hope you get some sunshine soon.
Micah
Can't believe how everyone is growing. Crazy! Looks like Spencer loves preK as much as Jake.
Kendra
Post a Comment