Wednesday, March 30, 2011

BABY'S FIRST RACE

Before the pregnancy sickness set in, I agreed to run a 4-mile trail race. For a few reasons, my first trimester sickness lasted a little longer than normal. It was a week before the race, and I decided to try a treadmill at least once. It wasn't pretty, but I finished. Apparently my attempt inspired Jeff - I came home late that night to find Jeff sprinting on the treadmill. He just HAD to run the four miles faster than a sick preggo woman!

My goal: to finish without puking. I did it! I didn't set any running records, but had SO MUCH FUN!! Muddy, but fun. Running across creeks, straight up hills, on logs across a la
rge creek, repelling down cliffs, and trying to avoid tripping over rocks and branches. Can't wait to actually train next year! 10 miler anyone?

My GREAT running buddies who stuck with me: Brittany Schlosser & Merissa Haymore!

No comments: