Saturday, January 15, 2011

I LOVE YOU MORE THAN...

POP TARTS???

On Friday night, Dad was home for about 10 minutes to change his clothes and head out the door for a Boy Scout caving trip to Tennessee. We haven't seen much of him the past few days, and Hannah sobbed hysterically for about fifteen minutes after he left. (Unfortunately, NOT uncommon when roller coaster emotions and sleep deprivation forces combine.)
At first I thought to myself, "Oh how sweet... she misses her dad!" Then the tears started to die down. When she could finally muster up a few words in between tears, she asked, "Did Dad take ALL the Pop Tarts with him?"

I figured out that she was more distraught about the possibility of Dad eating all the Pop Tarts, than she was about Dad disappearing for another day. Apologies to Dad for a possible devastating blow to the self esteem.


With Spencer's sensitivity to fructose, Pop Tarts are a rare and special treat in our house. (I know, who thought a Pop Tart would be held in such high regard?) The kids literally jumped for joy when Dad came home with an UNOPENED BOX!! We immediately whipped out the toaster for some warm sugary goodness, and Spencer commented that it was his "BEST third Pop Tart he's ever tasted!"

Apparently it's all about the simple (and NASTY) things in life!

1 comment:

Weatherspoon Family said...

He's getting so big. We really need to get our Braves fans together:)