Jeff's youngest brother, Steven, graduated from Vanderbilt Law School this month, and we enjoyed a fun-filled family weekend in Nashville! Not that we would think of missing Steven's graduation, but we HAD to pull Spencer out of school just one more day and miss a baseball game, so we could also meet up with GRANDMA AND GRANDPA HAYMORE!!
The cousin sleepover with Grandma and Grandpa was the highlight of their trip. Yes, it even trumped the nasty big cicadia bug invasion that lasts for 9 days and happens every 13 years. (They literally arrive in the millions, and I could see them being a deep fried or chocolate-covered fine cuisine in some parts of the world.) No trip would be complete without the kids getting their feet wet in the hotel pool, or a meal at the Cracker Barrel. We all had a great time!
Lucky for us, Steven, Amanda and Lincoln moved to Atlanta right after graduation!! However, we did have to say our goodbyes to Grandma and Grandpa. No matter how many times Mom and Dad explain how long Grandma and Grandpa will be gone, Hannah STILL prays every night that they will return home safely:-)
WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
You can only imagine how much the hotel guests on our floor loved our running back and forth between five rooms - 11 kiddos AND Grandma & Grandpa. One guest jokingly referred to the hall monitoring sister-in-laws as "sister wives." Have to admit, comment not so funny. It actually made me cringe.
I was trying to buy a snack for my hungry, tired and ill-behaved children at the Grand Ole Opry. My favorite comment (all while she was touching my expandomatic belly): "Maybe this next one will teach you patience."
Another weekend favorite... walking to the graduation ceremony, an older gentleman in an elevator looked at our three kids and said to me, "Be sure to educate them well. They'll be paying my social security."
I guess I accidentally left that sign around my neck... "I DARE you to make an exhausted, stressed out pregnant woman mad!" At least it gave me a few more things to laugh about.







2 comments:
I am so tired with just my two I don't know how you do it. Have you ever been to the Nashville Gaylord resort at Christmas- it is amazing.
I love the last picture of you. You wonder sometimes how your kids will remember you.
Love you and love it when you post!
I am SO GLAD you posted this picture!
Post a Comment