Saturday, August 8, 2009

"DO-NUT" LEAVE YOUR DONUT


Jeff bought Hannah a strawberry sprinkle donut and Spencer a chocolate sprinkle donut for breakfast. I made the mistake of leaving the kitchen when Spencer asked to go to the bathroom. I was in my room when I heard Spencer run down the hall, return to the kitchen and start wailing, "My donut's gone!" While trying to console his uncontrollable sobbing, I asked him who ate his donut. "Did Hannah eat your donut?" He said that he already asked Hannah and she said no. "It just disappeared!"

Looking at Hannah's chocolate-covered face told me a different story - especially when she just finished a strawberry frosted donut. She insisted on her innocence, but her eyes wandered down to the floor when Dad entered the room to ask if she ate the donut.
Now we know who needs to be our grand inquisitioner next time we need to dig the truth out of that little girl!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute family moment!

Scott and Cheryse said...

Too cute of a story. I the face with the chocolate all over. That made me laugh.